Highway Use Tax (HUT)

New York State imposes a highway use tax (HUT) on motor carriers operating certain motor vehicles on New York State public highways (excluding toll-paid portions of the New York State Thruway). The tax is based on mileage traveled on NYS public highways and is computed at a rate determined by the weight of the motor vehicle and the method that you choose to report the tax. This is NOT the same as the Heavy Highway Use Tax (HHUT). A decal is issued when a vehicle has a HUT permit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *