2290Tax.com: A-log, Inc. a California corporation dba 2290Tax.com (“2290Tax.com,” “Company”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) recognizes that you may be concerned about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you when you visit our site, including 2290Tax.com (our "Website"). This policy also covers information We collect about you offline, from third parties, or contact us by phone. This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Information provided by you, such as Employer Identification Number, applicable vehicle information and contact information (address, email and phone number and other personally identifying information). For example, We collect information from you when you fill out forms through our website. You may be required to provide payment card information to make payment, which will be passed through to our merchant account service providers. We do not store credit card numbers in full.
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, domain address, IP addresses, internet browser, operating system, the website or service provider from which you access our website, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and information collected through cookies.
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER PROTECTION POLICY
Social Security numbers are classified as sensitive information under our Information Security and Privacy Policies. As such, Social Security numbers may only be accessed by and disclosed to our associates and others with a legitimate business purpose in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Social Security numbers, whether in paper or electronic form, are subject to physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These restrictions apply to all Social Security numbers collected or retained by us.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our Website and its contents to you and to improve our Website
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us, such as preparing and e-filing your 2290
- to fulfill Our obligations to you as a customer
- to provide you with notices about your account and to improve customer service
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- to enable communications to you regarding our services such as email and text
- to work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you
- to ensure that you receive applicable discounts
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to our affiliates including A-Log, Inc., which owns and operates 2290Tax.com
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, to process your inquiry regarding e-filing your 2290 form
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- to the IRS at your direction; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and deidentified data or information that does not identify an individual.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. This website employs an encryption level as required by the IRS when transferring your data. It is protected by 256-Bit Secure Socket Layer Encryption.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
This Website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this Website or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms. Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Web site or service.