To make the filing process quicker and easier, I recommend you gather your information before you start. This will make filing the Form 2290 online even simpler than it already is.
Register With Our Website
In order to file with us, you must create an account with us. Registration is totally free (my favorite price) and takes all of a few minutes. Here’s some of the information you’ll need:
- Company Name
- Contact Person
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)*
- Phone Number
- Email Address
*It is important that you use an EIN and not a Social Security Number (SSN). The IRS does not accept SSN’s for this tax. If you do not have an EIN, read this article for instructions on how to get one.
Most of the information will already be filled out on the Company Information page. There will be a few blanks. Here’s the additional information you’ll need:
- Company Type (Sole Proprietor, Corporation, LLC, etc…)
- 5-Digit Numerical Pin
- Officer/Owner Name
- Officer/Owner Title (Manager, Driver, Secretary, etc..)
We will just need some basic vehicle information, like:
- Date vehicle was first used in the tax period
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
- Is the truck suspended?
- Is the truck a logging vehicle?
Suspensions and Credits
This part is only applies if you sold/traded/destroyed a vehicle. If you have sold/traded/destroyed a vehicle that you have previously filed your Form 2290 online for, you will need:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the truck you got rid of
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of the truck you got rid of
- Date vehicle was disposed of
- Name of buyer (for sold/traded vehicles)
To pay the Form 2290 online, you have three different options to payment. These methods are:
The second payment you’ll make is the payment for the e-File fee. We only accept credit cards for this payment.
Keep Our Phone Number Handy
Whew…. Seems like a lot, right? It is not so bad once you get going on it. If any questions along the way, our all-American family staff is always happy to help you. Simply call us at (909) 596-0050.
Written by Molly Harris