The IRS, IFTA and IRP are assisting carriers affected by Hurricane Florence through emergency waivers and tax relief and assistance. Check this page frequently, as updates are posted as soon as they are received.
- Kentucky, In response to Hurricane Florence, Kentucky has suspended registration requirements and put in place exemptions of hours of service and stoppage in weigh stations.
- Virginia, Virginia has granted a temporary waiver of registration and licensing requirements and normal weight and width restrictions for vehicles transporting essential emergency supplies and services in response to Hurricane Florence.
- Alabama, Alabama has ordered the temporary suspension of IRP and IFTA requirements for motor vehicles engaged in disaster relief to areas affected by Hurricane Florence.
- Georgia, In response to Hurricane Florence, Georgia is granting a temporary suspension of hours of service and will be issuing permits for vehicles operating outside the normal weight, height and length restrictions.
- Tennessee, Tennessee has granted a temporary suspension of IRP and IFTA requirements for any motor vehicle traveling through Tennessee engaged in disaster relief efforts.
- New Jersey, New Jersey has granted a temporary waiver of IRP and IFTA requirements for any motor vehicle traveling through New Jersey engaged in disaster relief efforts.
Written by Yesenia Carrillo