The Department of Transportation of Pennsylvania has issued a waiver lifting the requirement to comply with driver hour of service. Due to the extreme weather the State of Pennsylvania is currently facing, the Governor of Pennsylvania has found it necessary to issue a temporary waiver for all motor carriers engaged in necessary emergency transportation.
- Exemption applied statewide to the transportation of propane gas and oil for heating purposes
- Maximum driving time is extended from 11 hrs to 14 hrs. 10 consecutive hours off-duty must be taken between 14 hrs of driving time
- Operators are exempted from the requirement of the 60/70 hr rule
- The waiver does not exempt these motor carriers and drivers from the Pennsylvania vehicle Code (Title 75), or the Pennsylvania Crimes Code (Title 18).
- Title 67, Pennsylvania Code, Chapter 175, Vehicle Equipment and Inspection, remains in effect for all vehicles registered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Waiver is in affect from February 16, 2015 to February 28, 2015.
Written by Yesenia Carrillo